In 1847 Brewmaster Wilhelm Braun purchased the "Grüneburg" at the "Röetgen" and
Expanded the existing brewery with a guest room and with an open Bowling alley.
In 1897 his son Albert took over the brewery. He put in the "Kleinen Laufenbach"
9 ponds for ice production. With the natural ice put in the “Felsenkeller” during winter, the beer was cooled during the whole summer in the built cellars.
In 1924 Albert's son Clemens took over the Braun brewery. He gave the brewery the name "Felsenkeller Brewery" and instead of the previously brewed dark and unfiltered beer, he brewed a blond Pilsener - the "Felquell Pils".
In 1972 son Willem took over the brewery in 4th generation.
In 1986, he again brewed beer in the manner of his ancestors, the unfiltered, brittle, dark and lower-fermented "Zwickelbier" as a beer specialty.
In 1994 the brewery had to be stopped because there were difficulties with the drinking water supplied, which no longer had the high quality Requirements for brewing water. Since then the Zwickelbier is brewed in a friendly private brewery (brewery Rainer in Linnich-Welz).
In 1997, the brewery became the first brewery museum in the Eifel, with inside and and Outdoor dining places.
In 2007, the property was sold to a private investor who converted the building to the Brauhaus & Museum and renovated, modernized and redesigned the building.